How to enter:
1. Entrants comment on one of the relevant social media posts with a short statement to say why they would like to participate in a Literary Masters book club.
A few important points:
Due date: Entries can be submitted immediately or any time up to May 26 2020 at 9pm PST (10pm BST). Competition entries received after the due date will not be considered for a prize.
Entries per entrant: One submission can be made per entrant, who must be over 18.
Judging: The winners will be chosen and prizes will be awarded by the a panel of judges selected by Literary Masters.
Notification: All winners will be notified by direct message. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they check their notifications to make arrangements to receive their prize. If we don’t receive a reply from you within 48 hours of receipt of our communication, we will pass your prize to another winner. The winners will be announced on social media by June 2, 2020 (the Announcement Date).
Prizes: Each of the 6 winners will receive one 45-60 minute professionally facilitated Parent/Child book club via Zoom or other online platform. Each book club can have up to 8 Parent/Child pairs. The children must be in the same grade level from grades one through 8. Literary Masters will select an appropriate book. A mutually convenient time will be chosen for the book club meeting.
Geographical exclusions: Unfortunately, we are unable to accept entries from residents outside the United States.
By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1) No purchase necessary.
2) Literary Masters will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not registered or uploaded correctly, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
3) The competition entries will be judged based on the subjective interpretation of the creativity and originality of the entries. The decision of the judge (acting reasonably) will be final. Literary Masters reserves the right to amend the criteria used to judge entries.
4) By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is unique, true, accurate and complete in every respect. Literary Masters reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter the competition.
5) Entrants shall not submit any drawing that uses any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing overt brand sponsorship, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights).
6) Literary Masters reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with these terms and conditions could lead to Literary Masters disqualifying that person, without Literary Masters giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
7) In the event that a prize-winner is disqualified from the competition, Literary Masters will select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original prize-winner and such selection will be subject to these terms and conditions.
8) There is no cash alternative for the prize. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
9) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
10) Literary Masters will contact the winner personally as soon as practical after each Announcement Date.
11) If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 48 hours from the Announcement Date to claim the prize by responding to an email or social media message which will be sent to you by Literary Masters. You will need to provide your contact details, including your name, telephone number and email address. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid.
12) Literary Masters will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 48 hours of the Announcement Date, Literary Masters reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the entries that were received.
13) Literary Masters does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
14) No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Literary Masters in its sole discretion).
15) If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that Literary Masters may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
16) You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by Literary Masters.
17) By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by Literary Masters to administer the competition.
18) In the event of any dispute regarding these terms and conditions, the conduct or results of the competition, or any other matter relating to a competition, the decision of Literary Masters shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Literary Masters.
19) Literary Masters reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend all or any part of the competition where it becomes necessary to do so. Any changes to these terms and conditions, or cancellation of the competition, will be posted on the Literary Masters website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the terms and conditions.
20) Insofar as is permitted by law, Literary Masters, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, disappointment, personal injury or death occurring as a result of any entrant entering this competition, taking up the prize, or as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of Literary Masters, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.